Lost MCR kit in Goatchurch

Maj

After the very successful and well attended MCR rescue practice in Goatchurch Cavern, Burrington on Sun 28th January, three items of kit are still missing.

A Petzl handled Jammer labelled J22
Two 1m Lyon tape slings, both labelled MRO and with the numbers T55 and T59.
All three items were from the same rope bag and so it seems likely that they are all together somewhere.

Could anyone that was on the rescue practice session please check that it hasn't got mixed with their own kit?

Also if anyone has since found the kit in Goatchurch (or elsewhere) please PM me or contact MCR.
If anyone one is heading into Goatchurch, perhaps you could have a nose around and see if they are still languishing in a crevice somewhere.

The likely places would be anywhere from just before the Coffin Lid down to just before the Drain Pipe.

Thanks on behalf of MCR
(and all cavers, that may one require assistance).
https://www.mendipcaverescue.org/
https://www.facebook.com/mendipcaverescue/

Dave.

Went several times last week but didn't pick-up anything described.

On Sat 10th there were a large number, several groups, of scouts going in before us.  Maybe worth contacting them.

PaulW

Hi Dave

I was in ther on sat with the scouts
Nothing found.  Andy Sparrow was ahead of us that day aswell.

PaulW

I checked round our other groups and someone found:

The sling I found was attached to an aluminium crab, in the entrance to the drain pipe.

We stayed at the Shepton cottage leaving Thursday 15th. When someone went back yesterday, Friday, to collect more kit they found:

... a Meander tackle sack outside the hut, by the washing hose.  It was long, no neck gusset, red with black straps, embroidered brand name on straps.  No other evidence of anyone visiting after we left, but it was not one of ours & it was inside the hut.

ian.p

Hi Paul
I took the sling and crab reffered to by Judi back to the Shepton I'm sorry i meant to post about it earlier hear but I've been super busy and forgot. I cant remember if i took the sling and crab home or left them on the window sill by the front door in the shepton. I am working away until tomorrow night but ill have a check when i get back and ill pm you about returning.
Cheers
Ian

I'm going to be at the Shepton this weekend, so I can have a look around and see if I can find these.

We use the long red Meander tackle sacks, so it is possible that this one of ours and someone forgot to put it back in the tackle store.

PaulW said:
If the crab  had white or yellow tape then its probably one of mine :)

PaulW - if it turns out to be your sling and krab I could bring it back to the West Sussex area (Horsham) if that is any help - assuming that is what the WS stands for in WSCC.