Author Topic: Photobucket Turnaround ??  (Read 376 times)

Offline The Old Ruminator

• forum hero
Photobucket Turnaround ??
« on: May 17, 2018, 07:58:50 am »
This from another forum.

"Tonight I received a special offer email from Photobucket to pay $19.99 (£15.32) per annum for 3rd party hosting with no adverts, etc. Sounded too good to be true, but took the gamble & paid up, & now all my old photos have been reinstated ! What a turnaround."

If true it means my images here might live on a bit longer.

Offline Topimo

• SUSS spying on EPC.
  • obsessive maniac
  • School of Karst Rocks. University of NiFe.
Re: Photobucket Turnaround ??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:39 am »
You could pay for your own private hosting for that amount, and you'd have full control.

For such an online photo 'power poster', you'd certainly benefit from it.

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:19:41 pm »
OR - While that's not a bad price for now, what's gong to be their next trick.  Worth considering Topimo's point going forward although I appreciate how many photos you already have links to, both on here and elsewhere.  Good news in the short term anyway.

Offline TheBitterEnd

• forum hero
  • KCC
    • KCC - Join an active club
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:13:48 pm »
I've probably missed something along the way but throughout all you tortured years with Photobucket and host of other photo sites I’ve been using flickr for free without a hitch so why not use flickr?  :shrug:
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.' — Mark Twain

Offline Topimo

• SUSS spying on EPC.
  • obsessive maniac
  • School of Karst Rocks. University of NiFe.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:41:56 pm »
I've probably missed something along the way but throughout all you tortured years with Photobucket and host of other photo sites I’ve been using flickr for free without a hitch so why not use flickr?  :shrug:

Flickr have very recently been bought from Yahoo by a company called SmugMug.

Nothing is permanent, but having control of your own domain is the next best thing.