Interesting New Panasonic Camera

ZombieCake

Panasonic have released an updated version of the LX100, called the LX100 II (talk about radical!).  https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/panasonic-lx100-ii
The old version was available as the LX100 or the Leica D-Lux 109 (essentially same physical innards, different body & menu styles and lightroom and 3yr warranty thrown in for more money!).  New one has the same lens - a rather nice and fast 24-75mm f1.7 to f2.8 (to be honest the main reason apart from nice control layout I bought it), a few more mega pixels, taken out the low pass filter, and a few other updates.  I've the original Leica version and the lens is pretty good, especially the speed and wide angle, and good for low light.  Video is good on the original, primarily due to the lens speed and zoom range, and they've added a few tricks to the new one.  Can add a lens protection filter too.
Downsides are the telephoto capability as the digital zoom that takes over from the optical isn't that hot at the longer settings.  It's a bit bulky, but there again it has a decent size (m4/3) sensor and a fast lens so you can't change the laws of physics!  No weather sealing either, which would be nice at the price.
Will I get one? Nope - old one is still good for me and the rrp is ?849.  Mind you I think I paid c. ?800 (or maybe a bit less) for the old Leica one at a show a couple of years ago so value doesn't seem too bad.  Interesting compact alternative to a kit if you don't really need the extended telephoto range though.

royfellows

Take a look at the new Lumix FT7, a dive camera with a proper viewfinder and manual settings option. I will be looking out for one when the factory refurbs start turning up.

ZombieCake

FT7 looks very interesting.  Must admit cameras with electronic viewfinders are a big plus for me. I rarely use the screen on the Leica (or on Olympus mirrorless for that matter), and it's the only desirable omission on the Olympus TG5 (I'm holding out for a red one on offer!).

Fulk

I've quickly scanned through a couple of reviews of this camera, both of which say that the inclusion of a 'proper' viewfinder is a big plus point (a view with which I wholeheartedly agree), but both say that image quality is not as good as that obtainable with the Olympus TG 5. Also, they both remark on the lack of 'Raw' mode, which is available on the TG 5.