The Derbyshire Caver

mch

Some of you may have noticed (or maybe not!) that there has been no Summer issue of The Derbyshire Caver this year  :eek:. This is solely due to my having virtually no material to publish  :cry:. I would hate to have to miss another edition, so please, all you Peak District cavers out there, send me something that I can print!  :bow:

Mike Higgins
DCA Editor & publications Officer

Iain

That's terrible. I remember when I was editor that sometimes I had to hunt for content but if the folks caving in Derbyshire just sent some stuff in occasionally it would be great. You can't produce a publication without stuff to publish. Don't beat yourself up about it mate.

Pete K

Mike, Alan B has just finished a job for DCA, tap him up for a write up!
Nothing from me for a bit as I have been busy with work and now have been hit by a bloody car today.

Pete K

OT but I can do Mike a write up if he likes!
Car hit my van as I was next to it and the van side door hit into me and flung me into verge. Amazed nothing broken, as were the A&E guys. Coppers recon at least 40mph impact. Just my luck to be hit by my own van parked legally on the straightest bit of road for miles! Other lady off to hosp in ambulance so no idea what she's like, hope okay. It'll all heal at my end and stuff can be replaced. Shame, I really liked that van, but it's a write off.

royfellows

More people seem to be driving without looking where they are going, phones, satnavs and other toys etc possibly

I was hit from behind while stationary making a proper right hand turn, car a write off. Third car to be written off while stationary. I always seem to do OK out of the the other drivers insurers though. This last time they gave me a newly new Hyundai i40 for 6 weeks until I found a replacement car.
Both of the last two "I never saw you" jobs.

Not so lucky with 3 cars struck and damaged while parked and me not even in attendance.

mch

Pete K said:
Mike, Alan B has just finished a job for DCA, tap him up for a write up!
Nothing from me for a bit as I have been busy with work and now have been hit by a bloody car today.

Thanks Pete, I'll have a word with Alan. Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds like you were extremely lucky!

paul

Iain said:
That's terrible. I remember when I was editor that sometimes I had to hunt for content but if the folks caving in Derbyshire just sent some stuff in occasionally it would be great. You can't produce a publication without stuff to publish. Don't beat yourself up about it mate.

Same here. It's difficult getting a newsletter out with no contributions... (I was editor before Mike took over).