Iraqnaphobia connection between Cloughs Passage and Luffs Passage

nobrotson

I am in need of a decent trip to do this weekend since it will be pissing it down too much for pretty much everything I had in mind, and I'd rather do some real caving instead of just partying like I have done in the past at NCHECC. One option I have been considering is doing a County Pot round trip along the lines of that described from Sylvesters in NFTFH but cutting out Cloughs waterfall climbs and Dismal Junction by taking Iraqnaphobia as a bypass to these to return to County Pot from the Mancunian Way extensions. Can anyone enlighten me regarding any fixed gear in Mancunian Way on the pull-through pitches? Is the navigation a massive twat? And will the route be safe in the pissing rain.

Alex

I recall trying this trip recently and there was a climb described in Sylvester pot area that we just could not find, or if we had found it it was not possible to climb without a maypole! So just bare that in mind at least, though I don't know enough about the route to say if your iraqnaphobia includes it or not.

I have not done a hard trip for a while and would like to do something hard to get me ready for the very long trips i will be doing in Spain in a while, it's a shame about the weather. :(

Benfool

I think that if you do this trip from County (usually via Dismal junction) you dont need to do that climb in Sylvester Pot. You just drop down the pitches at the end of the Mancunian Way and head downstream in Cloughs Passage.

B