Dave Rose wins award

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Dave Rose has won the feature writer of the year prize in the British National Press Awards.  Congratulations.

Great news for Dave but this is great news for caving too as it gives publishers the confidence to support Dave's efforts to write more about our great sport.  I understand there are already two caving books in preparation and I for one look forward to reading them both. 

Dave is the BCA's newsletter editor (and until recently a media liaison contact).  We are very fortunate to have such an accomplished journalist writing our association's newsletter - but only 8% of the membership sign up to receive it.  Maybe it is the process at fault or perhaps Dave is just not good enough  ;)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Badlad said:
We are very fortunate to have such an accomplished journalist writing our association's newsletter - but only 8% of the membership sign up to receive it.  Maybe it is the process at fault or perhaps Dave is just not good enough  ;)

Just for the record, I thinks it's the process  ;)

Congratulations, David  :clap:

The Sport in general is lucky to have people like David willing to give up their time and experience freely for the good of Caving.
Congratulations on the recognition.

chunky

Congratulations David, well deserved indeed. I can only imagine the work it takes to put these together...I'll stick to pushing a button on a camera!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Mike Hopley

Well done Dave! Always enjoyed your writing, you really bring caving to life. And I'll never forget that fantastic underground harmonica and singing!

richardg

Excellent news, well done again Dave.... The world is a greater place to have the results of your  investigative journalism so positively recognised....

Alex

Congratulations. I remeber the Harmonica and the trip to I think it was called 'Sandcastle' in Ario.