Author Topic: Cleaning Stal  (Read 424 times)

Offline mrodoc

• forum hero
    • Peter Glanvill's Webpage
Cleaning Stal
« on: April 14, 2019, 12:18:05 pm »
Anybody used one of these underground? I saw it in a TV ad. Probably unique as an ad I learnt something new from!

https://worx-europe.com/en/all-garden-tools/pressure-cleaner/

Offline mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
Re: Cleaning Stal
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:48:04 pm »
Length of battery life seems to be main complaint, & you'd obviously need to be careful what you pointed it at...

Offline gardouth

• Gary Douthwaite
  • player
  • YCC, YUCPC & NPC
    • York Caving Club
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 01:16:06 pm »
I saw one a while back and thought they could be useful. Even just for cleaning kit while camping and such.

On a recent conservation effort in Crackpot, the backpack pesterside type sprayers were used with a fair amount of success. The don't have all that much pressure but more than a hand held bottle etc.

Some mud splatter in Crackpot was quite well stuck on so maybe having something like the Hydroshot would be good just to loosen the worst bits. I wonder how long the input pipe can be, I suspect not long.
York Caving Club secretary
CNCC & HE webmaster
NPC & YUCPC member

Offline topcat

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 05:54:23 pm »
I use one for cleaning the mountain bike because it is no where near as powerful as a proper pressure washer .   I think it Would work well on stal.

Tc

Offline mrodoc

• forum hero
    • Peter Glanvill's Webpage
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:49:12 am »
I may well get one and give it a trial on somewhere near the surface. The water reservoir issue I see being resolved by taking in some cans and placing them under drips well prior to any cleaning trip. it is a lot more compact than a back pack pressure washer as it can be broken down into its constituent parts for carriage into the cave.

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 01:44:02 pm »
We used something similar but smaller at our main surface digs to clean mud off the walls before concreting, and it worked pretty well I must say - that just ran off a 12V bike battery. Photo of me using that below. This one looks like a beast, and I'd love to use one on the rest of the clean-up! But a bit pricey for what would only be an occasional use.