Best caving thing you have found at a car boot sale

PeteHall

I'm usually on the lookout for cheap wellies or digging chisels at our local car boot sale.

Today, not a welly in sight, but I did pick up a very nice pair of diving fins for ?5 (currently retailing at ?50 2nd hand on ebay).

I also bumped into a retired caver from the village who was clearing out before moving house. While he didn't have any caving kit in the car boot, he has invited me over to raid his kit store tomorrow.  :)

So now I'm wondering what other caving bargains people have picked up from a car boot sale?

tim.rose2

Wimborne Market (which is part car boot sale) has been the source of most of our Portland digging tools.  Picked up several lump hammers, crowbars, cold chisels and bolsters for no more than a couple of quid each.

The best bargain though has to be the 50p carpet tiles from Carpet Barn which get fashioned into dray trays. 

ZombieCake

I quite like car boots and antique fairs etc. as they are full of wonderful things I don't need but may be useful one day!  Recently I got some of those old cool looking old adjustable wrenches that have the jaws at rights angles to the handle.  A bit of de-greasant / brake cleaner / WD40 / Autosol / sandpaper as applicable in various quantities and hey presto a useful spanner.
Not sure that the small cheap bronze-like-metal art deco statue of a lady holding a beach ball has much caving use though....

Laurie

Praktica cameras (Pentax thread) with non-working light-meters (common occurence).
Great for caving. Almost bulletproof. Giveaway prices.