Author Topic: Trip Report - South Wales Wekend 7/8 July 2007  (Read 4956 times)

Offline danthecavingman

• forum star
  • Don't follow too close.....
Trip Report - South Wales Wekend 7/8 July 2007
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:47:32 pm »
Those who served - Dan, Mel, Mike, Jane, Jeff, Rob, Katie, Dentist Dave, Samette, Adam Spillane, Robbie Shone, Biffa Ben and Bridget. Helen (Needs to pay some subs  :ras:)

A good weekend was had by all in the fine caving region that is South Wales. Everyone drove down on Friday and arrived with varying degrees of lateness, I took Mike and Mel and being tasked with food shopping on the way arrived last at about 01:00. We still beat Gareth though!

The car was unpacked, the tent erected and despite the lack of companions (many having early starts Saturday), a few beers were consumed before tiredness took over and bed was calling.

Being old I didn't want to get up too early and when I finally emerged from my pit, breakfast had been done by most who were about to head off caving. Rob, Sam and Dave were going to Aggy to take Sams clothes off and photograph him (gayers!) whilst Katie, Jane, Adam, Robbie, Helen and Stu were doing OFD1 to Top. Myself and Mel had breakfast whilst Mike and Jeff waited. Eventually we were sorted and set off towards Pant Mawr Pot.

The weather was fine and the walk over enjoyable, after about 50 mins we were kitting up and getting ready to descend. I rigged the entrance pitch with Jeff following then Mel and Mike. At the bottom of the pitch, many newts were in evidence! A fairly short but pleasant trip ensued, taking in all the pretty bits. Jeff and Mike experimented with some photography. Soon enough though we found ourselves back on the moor, faced with the trek back to civilisation, beer and meatballs.......

Saturday evening was predictibly a very lively affair, the ladder challenge was the most entertaining with Sams screams echoing around the valley. Twas a shame that Mr Eavis couldn't keep his genitalia tucked away but this was a SUSS trip after all.......

Sunday morning saw a trip to Dan-yr-Ogof for Adam, Robbie, Jeff, Katie, Helen and Stu. Myself, Mel, Rob, Mike, Jane, Sam and Dentist Dave wandered up to Top Entrance, one of the main objectives being Mels naked picture in Selenite Tunnel  ;D.

We went through Gnome and Edwards Shortcut to Selenite. We left Rob and Jane and Mel to photos whilst the rest of us went and explored as far as the start of the traverses towards Marble Showers, which incidentally is a bloomin long way above the streamway!  :'(

Came back, met the others and after a quick diversion to Swamp Creek via Judge and Trident, we headed back out into the sunshine. Back at the hut, we had a good feed, some enjoying fruit pie and custard whilst I savoured some runny(ish) French Cheese and a cold beer  :beer2:

Just as we were packing up, Bridget rang with a message that there was a rescue on in P8.....

Back to Sheffield for me, hats off to those who drove back and then went to help at the P8 rescue.

All in all a good weekend,

Dan.

You see that Taxus baccata.........that's Yew that is........

Offline anfieldman

• AKA Mark Whyte a caving
  • junky
  • WCC.......when I get to paying my subs.
    • Marks Artwork
Re: Trip Report - South Wales Wekend 7/8 July 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:15:00 am »
Even more applause for those who travelled back to help at P8. Well done. :clap2: :clap2:
You ain't seen me.......................right?

Offline hell little caver

• stalker
  • swcc girly, BEC, Suss and CDG groupie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:55 pm »
hellie would like to point out she payed her subs on saturday night!

Online Rob

• forum hero
  • The Eldon
    • Eldon PC
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:26:33 pm »
hellie would like to point out she payed her subs on saturday night!
Helen, welcome to The Mighty SUSS! :beer2:
The end is where we start....

• stalker
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:19:50 pm »
oh thanks rob!

Offline Cave_Troll

• forum hero
  • SUSS
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/cave_troll/
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:31 pm »
so is helen now a SUSS member?

Online Rob

• forum hero
  • The Eldon
    • Eldon PC
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 04:36:12 pm »
Hasn't Helen always been a bit suss?
The end is where we start....

Offline danthecavingman

• forum star
  • Don't follow too close.....
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 04:46:35 pm »
So she'll fit right in........
You see that Taxus baccata.........that's Yew that is........

Offline Brendan

• obsessive maniac
    • http://www.shef.ac.uk/~suss
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:43:05 pm »
so is helen now a SUSS member?
Helen has had a few SUSS members  ;)
The original underground extreme ironer

• stalker
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:12 pm »
hum i've hung artound for a while due t boys and the great company and i'll be around this weekend! too see u all1

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal