Author Topic: Swildon's Hole, Shatter Potnoodle, IV & Short Round, Monday 23rd February 2009  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
Mmmm Mr. Boost n Me RVd for our usual Happy Monday bimble somewhere on t'Mendips but started the day an hour earlier so we could visit Longwood and mosey around; however, a change of plan soon occurred as Mr. Boost unwisely nodded towards me over breakfast that he rather fancied having a go at leading the Short Round trip in Swildon's so I gamely nodded back and decided to lure him into a false sense of adequacy and suggested a look-see at Shatter Series and mebbe, just mebbe, a noseypokery around Blue Pencil to see how snug he found it.

Ahem, so without further ado that was the Mission; easily down to the 20' and rigged it Tarzan Stylee[tm] and then Mr. Boost ably led without any mishap to Shatter Pot which was already rigged with a ladder so we just bunged a rope on it and asbo'd t'bottom and then furtled through the pleasant roomy tunnels and negotiated the easy climb with the un-fixed aid and enjoyed playing with the rubber ducks before heading back looking for some air containing a healthier proportion of oxygen. Puffing soon ended when we arrived up top and then Mr. B continued, again without mishap or error of judgement, in leading us to Blue Pencil; bags were stashed and I led on down the funstermungous walking sized passage to the Swildon's IV streamway where much hooping n a hollering occurred as we strode frothingly here and there, enjoying the echoes and the wateryness, visiting the serene pond of Sump 3 and the writhing morass of poop'n'maggots at Sump 4. Back up t'Pencil of spaciousness and Mr. B then continued his masterful route-finding all the way back, via the oh-so-warm-and-inviting Sump 1 to daylight, gathering together all our kit after renegotiating the Tarzan Swing of Mirth at the 20'.

Top trip. Leisurely saunter. No bruises.

How was it for you, Mr. Boost?

Mr Boost

ouch , awe , ouch , awe  ....sorry just the noises I made getting in to a warm bath !! ::)

Twas a bloody good trip Cap . I am thoroughly sore and bruised as Pencil passage isnt the best place for a mini personal rave and have a very sore knee cap as I think I pushed a LITTLE to hard the first time  !!  was good to see the further reaches of Shatter and to see how good muddy gloop is for hair gel ....answer .....took 2 washes to get it out .   Pencil as a great (mental ) obstacle and one to be savoured for some time ( bruises to prove it ) .   Was a great chance to put in a memory trip . I have trouble remembering the wifes birthday  :spank:  let alone the round trip route .   Was amazing how sump 3 area was so similar to the run up to sump 2  but changes so much along it's length to sump 4  .  Didnt notice the maggots  !!!    I have got to say that after doing Pencil passage and found that "snug" , I am going to leave the CowSH##T aven to priddy connection to the anorexic and malnurished of the world to do this one .     

Cheers Cap'n  for another grrrrrreeat trip  .  and I told you to bring the shower gel for the sump  :o   as it I agree it  was soooooo warm   

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal