Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
A Quick Introduction
What is this Wiki?
This Wiki allows you and everyone else to edit and add pages to this website so that in time an encyclopaedia of caving is created.
You are allowed and encouraged to edit any page you feel you can improve.
Don't be afraid to edit. A history of all changes is kept, so if you get it wrong it can be corrected.
The basic process is to:
- Click the edit tab above. You will see the source code for the page with its formatting commands.
- Make your changes.
- Click Show Preview below to check they are as you wish.
- Enter a summary of what you have done in the Summary Box below. If it is a minor edit such as correcting spelling tick the Minor Edit box instead.
- Click the Save Page button.
- Easy eh?
Top Tip: Click edit on other pages to see how they were done.
Try It Now: Click on Scribble to go to a page where it is safe to try it out.
Adding a New Page
Don't be afraid to add new pages.
- The easiest way to add a new page is to first create a link to it on the parent page by put two square brackets around the name of your new page. For example [[Scribble]] will give Scribble.
- The link will show as red if the page doesn't exist and blue if it does.
- Now click on your new link. It will create a blank new page in edit mode ready for you to add your text.
- Save your new page and you are done.
This page gives a useful summary of the common WikiText commands with examples.