• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

1st trip of 2016

zomjon

Here in the Peak, Owd Git and myself, along with my lad, joined our mate Richard and his lad and grandson for a very enjoyable jaunt around Mouldridge, though however hard we looked, we could not find the skeleton! Then we, as always, retreated to the customary excellence of the Barley Mow for some baboons and cheesy chips!

mch

Yes - a leisurely trip this morning into Hallicar Wood Sough near Cromford to take some readings at the inlet. Found that the recent rainfall has been so high that as well as the usual inlet near the end of the level there were 4 additional inlets pouring water into the mine, so it was a good day for hydrological stuff. I am hoping that getting underground on New Years day will prove to be a good omen for 2016!

Pete K

New Year's Day my wife an I were in North Wales, down Cwmorthin. After finishing of a little bolting project of mine, we had a good wonder around the far reaches of Lake Level and over into the Old Vein. Fascinating mine but some seriously sketchy sections and still sooooo much more to explore.

cap n chris

Digging-related for me; Billy NoMates[tm] delivering aggregate underground for cementing purposes. Fun? Er. Nope.

robjones

Today my older son and I had our first trip of 2016: another six hours moving mud and rocks from a blockage causing a near-sump in a mine passage, to a lengthening pack-wall down the side of the access passage. Not quite 'enjoyable' but definately satisfying. Increased seepage dropped the water level all of half an inch!  ::)

Alex

It was too wet on the days that were free, but I got to enjoy some snow, well more ice at top of coniston old man. Not seen any whitestuff except there all winter!

TLH

Had a play in KMC with the Gopro on new years evening. Then Cow pot and a play around Wilf Taylors and Waterfall on Saturday.

PeteHall

Didn't make it underground until the 2nd...

A little jaunt into Swildon's as nobody else was free. In via the wet way, and went to have a look at Vicarage Passage, then stuck my nose up towards NWSP. Wet Ears Squeeze seemed heavily silted, with a thick layer of farmyard slurry on top and no shortage of worms and leaches, so decided to save this for a day when I had some gloves on!

Reversed the short round on the way out, with a detour up into the South East Inlets, as far as the Sidcot U-Tube.

Exited via the oxbows.

All in all, a good fun trip, but not nearly as wet as I'd expected given the recent weather...