• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Taking planks into Eldon Hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
17071024923_b8358735e4_z.jpg

Follow the progress here http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=18285.msg238231;topicseen#new

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Love this shot, Duncan - hope you don't mind me using it to brighten up the 'Home Page'  ;)

All - I'll change the 'Home Page' photo regularly, landscape works better than portrait, please do let me know of any particular favourites, thanks, Jane

Duncan S

Wow - thanks  :beer:

That just tops off a brilliant day :)
The local paper are going to publish a centre spread of my caving images.
And a crazy idea I had for an underground shot of the Priddy Folk Festival organisers stood next to the festival banner in Swildons 40 has gone from a pipe dream to fixing a date and it will happen!
Ah - if only more days were like this :)

Subpopulus Hibernia

Whatever happened to the Flickr Widget that displayed photos from the UK Caving Flickr pool? I really liked that - it was a good place to show off your photos and it brightened up the homepage a lot...

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Subpopulus Hibernia said:
Whatever happened to the Flickr Widget that displayed photos from the UK Caving Flickr pool? I really liked that - it was a good place to show off your photos and it brightened up the homepage a lot...

Don't know but will find out and hopefully get it back!

Elaine

It is a beautiful shot of sump one, but it does make it look clear and appealing. It usually looks coffee colour and covered in scum!

Duncan S

Cheers!
Then you appreciate how hard it was to get this image :)
This was my second attempt and it's still not right; third attempt coming soon...

The sediment will settle, we took a trip down to sump 2, avoided going upstream, there was no one else in the cave, and I sat in the water motionless for five mins waiting for the sediment I stirred up to clear.
Next trip I want to try sitting on the down stream side of the sump as the sediment I stir up will wash away from me; but I'm not sure if this will be better as the caver in the image will stir things up quite badly approaching the sump; I'm hoping I can grab the shot before the sediment arrives.

I believe the scum only appears in 'sporting' conditions; only seen it once myself and I didn't dive the sump  :-\

Antwan

Subpopulus Hibernia said:
I definitly typed a reply to this earlier... must have got distracted before pressing the post button!

Flickr (or more correctly Yahoo) disabled anything and everything to do with IFrames a few years ago (when the widget stopped working), which was how the old flickr widget worked and have moved to the API system which gives then the control that for someone to display a feed on another site they need a flicker account in order to get an API key. its easy enough to use a widget with an API key though. if you need any help with this during the remodelling pegasus or badlad send me a pm.

Was that a boring enough reply?  :(

damo8604

Hahaha it looks like the model went proper 'cave diver mode'

Did they submerge themselves and stay motionless while you got the shot? It does look very clear in there and interesting to see from that angle, I don't see anything when I'm going through as I wear contact lenses and close my eyes tightly to stop them floating out.

Definately a contender for the photo salon at HE this year!

Duncan S

Hidden Earth is just down the road this year, so am definitely going along to see the pics and have a chat - the few of last years images that are available online look amazing!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
I've removed the Swildon's sump one shot and replaced it with an Easter Grotto shot - sorry for any confusion when reading the posts above.  Am now locking the topic so it doesn't get even more confusing in future!  This thread will simply be for posting photos onto the home page to brighten it up, until we find a better way to do it.

If you'd like to comment on any 'home page' photos, please start a new thread, thanks folks  (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.