Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BCA / Re: bca meeting 25/3 /2017
« Last post by NigR on Today at 12:43:53 am »
Please note that Bob Mehew was one of the twenty three people who attended the CSCC AGM last year a mere two weeks prior to the BCA AGM.

Make no mistake, he knew what was coming.

« Last post by Ian Adams on Yesterday at 11:52:01 pm »
Bollocks.

"sufficient people" at an AGM do not trump a ballot.

Please refer to the recent People Vs. Europe referendum.

:)

Ian
Peak District / Re: DCA Need Your Assistance - Devonshire Mine
« Last post by pwhole on Yesterday at 11:39:17 pm »
I used to get the day off school on Good Friday, only to have to go to church at 3pm and kiss a bloody cross.

So put me down for some concreting...amen. :halo:
« Last post by Bob Mehew on Yesterday at 11:31:30 pm »
The trouble is the mandate was 'modified' by the last AGM. 

It is not possible to amend, modify or negate a ballot at an AGM.

Just do it ....

;)

Ian
Sorry please re read the constitution, notable Section 13.1.  Sufficient people agreed at the last AGM that the first sentence of Sec 4.6 was likely to be a block to implementing the mandate given by the ballot which needed to be sorted out and that "Meanwhile BCA will concentrate on conservation and landowner relations."  I expect you still don't like it but it is what we were stuck with.  I remain reasonably confident we can sort it out in June.
Expeditions & Trips Abroad / Re: Mulu 2017 Expedition
« Last post by Mulu Caves Project on Yesterday at 11:20:34 pm »
Thursday 30th March:
10 members of the team have so far made it to Miri (the city closest to Mulu National Park).  Frank P's baggage didn't arrive though, so he is currently whittling a helmet out of bamboo. Supreme Leader is currently arranging the helicopter that will transport the team into the Hidden Valley and allow National Geographic photographer Carsten Peter to get some footage.  Moose and Luke are sorting out equipment at Mulu Park Headquarters and will soon walk into the Hidden valley, to prepare for the helicopter lift.
I have just bought 30kg of chocolate and 250 packets of instant noodles, amongst other things..
Mark B
« Last post by Ian Adams on Yesterday at 11:05:17 pm »
The trouble is the mandate was 'modified' by the last AGM. 

It is not possible to amend, modify or negate a ballot at an AGM.

Just do it ....

;)

Ian
Caving Chat / Re: What's the mine level on High Tor called?
« Last post by Boy Engineer on Yesterday at 11:04:46 pm »
And slightly longer than it was, after a bit of effort, but agree on the horrible nature of it. Not the most inviting prospect, but may be worth another prod. But not planning to rush back. :o
The Dales / Re: Adventures Underground
« Last post by Badlad on Yesterday at 11:03:14 pm »
Sold out in Inglesport this afternoon. 
« Last post by Madness on Yesterday at 10:57:13 pm »
...and there are too many people battling to keep things how they were 30-40 years ago.

Who are these people that you refer to?
« Last post by Bob Mehew on Yesterday at 10:44:49 pm »
Bob,

There is a mandate provided by the members.

Just do it.

:)

Ian
The trouble is the mandate was 'modified' by the last AGM.  We are now working to remove that 'modification' so we can get on with the work.  But please be aware we are not likely to achieve a swift resolution with governmental bodies; sadly I don't believe in miracles but I can hope.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10