• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

For Sale - Helmet, undersuit and a fair few other bits and pieces

cavedin

For sale - various bits of different provenance, all stored in the dark away from anything nasty.  Selling it all as I've finally decided that I won't ever "get around to using it", so it's just taking up space. I've included "bought" dates on stuff where I know it.

• Petzl Spelios Helmet, size 1 (48-56 cm), orange, used three times and in excellent condition. Bought in Jan 2012 (??)

• Warmbac fleece undersuit, size M, blue, used three times and in excellent condition. Bought in Jan 2012 (??)

• Caving belt, used three or four times, very slight abrasion on webbing. Bought in Jan 2012 (??)

• Short neoprene socks, size 6, worn three times. Bought in Jan 2012 (??)

• 3.6m static rope with maillon rapide (I think it was sold as a footloop), never used. Bought in Jan 2012(??)

• Cowstail, 1.6m between fig-8 ends, carried round one cave trip, never needed in anger. Bought in Jan 2012(??)

• Selected Caves of Britain and Ireland (??)

• 5x assorted maillon rapide, used but not by me - bought second hand (?)

• 2x d-shaped maillon rapide,used but not by me - bought second hand (?)

• Petzl RH ascendeur, used but not by me - bought second hand (?)

• Petzl Knife, 8cm blade, used but not by me - bought second hand(?)

• Petzl stop, 9-12mm, used but not by me - bought second hand(?)

• Singing rock Digger speed Type 3 harness (*)

• 17m rigging rope (*)

• Wild country dyneema sling, 8m (*)

The stuff with the (??) cost me about ?240 new. The stuff with the (?) is worth about ?130 new but is definitely "used". I can't provide a history on the stuff with a (*), and would not be happy selling it, but am happy to include it in a batch purchase for someone to make their own decision.

I'm based in W.Yorks - happy to post out or have it collected depending on where people are. Postage would be included in the cost to you.

I have plenty of photos I'd be willing to email across to anyone wanting to make me a sensible offer. The file is 6MB, so I can't figure out  how to upload it here.

Cheers,
kat

Edit: I forgot the book!

cavedin

Hi Rachel, I'm happy to sell stuff as people want it. I can send you a photo this evening when I get to my laptop if you want.
I joined this forum just to sell stuff - is there a way of contacting people by PM without having to plaster emails all over the place?

CatM

Hi cavedin,

If you click on the little speech bubble under someone's name you should be able to send them a PM that way :)

Cat

JoW

Hi

I'm interested in the Spelios and knife depending on the price of they're still available?

cavedin

JoW said:
Hi

I'm interested in the Spelios and knife depending on the price of they're still available?

Hi yes, they are - I'm just adding a link to the original post so people can see photos of the stuff.

cavedin

Bump, and a reminder for some enquirers to look at their messages.

I'm updating the slides with what is sold/still available, so have a look there if you want to see what is left.  :)

JoW

Hi,

Still interested in the helmet, but haven't had any messages, let me know how much you're after for it :)

Thanks,

Jo

cavedin

Hi Climbermartin, JoW,

I have replied to both of you by PM - JoW it was several days ago now. Keen to get things sold and move on, so will go to the first to get organised.

Kat

cavedin

Helmet now sold pending payment - last few bits remaining - see google link earlier in the thread for what is left.