• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Caver Stuck in the Lobster Pot

Caver Keith

We all have bad days, days where nothing seems to go right, days when things that are usually easy such as a particular obstacle in a cave become next to impossible. These incidents always provide great amusement for the spectators and over the years they have provided superb material for my caving videos. Today I have learned a new word, schadenfreude, and I have to plead guilty to engaging in a lot of schadenfreude during my caving career - great fun, happy memories.
However I've rarely been on the receiving end, and never when some joker is pointing a video camera in my face.

Please DO NOT share this film as is not up to the usual high standard expected by viewers of Caver Keith videos. It is being published under great duress and at the insistence of my caving chums who feel that fans of my videos would like to see me suffering from extreme embarrassment. I tried telling them that the footage had been lost - they didn't believe me. "Not exactly lost but corrupted when my computer crashed," I replied. They still wouldn't believe me. Neither would they believe that my computer had been hacked and the raw footage stolen. Eventually I had to give in and show them the footage, and now as a penance I've had to make it public.

http://youtu.be/DU_Ts-e3s7s

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, Caver Keith - will just have to share  ;)....and it's perfect for the home page  ;)

One of my favourite videos you've produced so far.....love the way you wiggled your fingers to entice some help from your so called mates who just laughed and carried on filming  :LOL:

Top effort  (y)

Caver Keith

Hi Pegasus,
Thanks for putting my latest video on the homepage of UKC. I won't be able to show my face in caving circles ever again. Looks like I will have to spend 2017 keeping my head down and trying to re-bulid my reputation.

Badlad said:
Did you put the wrong arm through first?

That must have been it Badlad. Simple error really. Could have happened to anyone.

badger

:LOL: best policy I find for Sidcot is to find other people to take people down whilst I wait on the surface ;)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Caver Keith said:
Hi Pegasus,
Thanks for putting my latest video on the homepage of UKC. I won't be able to show my face in caving circles ever again.

...just couldn't help myself  :-[