Masongill Lane

Hello
Although the Masongill Lane was "closed", we were able to drive through the roadworks during the New Year break.

Does anyone know the current state of the "closure" and what it might be like over the coming weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

If its closed, do you think you can approach it via the Kingsdale road? I have never driven that way, is it driveable?

adam

It's been "closed" for a couple of months but has been drive-able the 3 times I've been there at weekends, although very muddy.

I assume the work is done during normal working hours on weekdays and they make an effort to leave it open on weekends.

On a related note - does anyone know what work is being done and what is planned for the old treatment works?

Jeanrr

Tried to go up yesterday, it was too narrow to get through as part of the road had been dug up.

Thank you for your information, let's hope that access is better this weekend.

That said, I have seen on the BBC News website that snow has fallen in Godalming - it must be rough down there in Surrey, the poor beggars. :cry:

Pitlamp

Not to be outdone by that well known mountain community at Godalming, we've had a bit of snow overnight here in the Dales as well. Depending on what temperatures do and whether any clearing is done, it might be white slippy stuff rather than road repairs which inconvenience users of Masongill Lane this weekend. (To be fair though it's only a thin covering round here.)

kat

As of last weekend a long stretch of Masongill Lane had been dug up and was unpassable.  If you tried to pass by driving along the verge you would trash the new water pipe waiting to be laid in the trench.  Would doubt pipe has been laid, trench backfilled, tarmac laid and ready for driving over by this weekend but you never know.