• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Trig point padlocks

Groundhog

Up on Shining Tor, Derbyshire yesterday I noticed 2 padlocks on the trig point.
There are tiny little things like you sometimes see on luggage.
They are locked to a metal ring embedded in the top of the point.
Much too small to be used for locking a bike or something.
I have googled but found nothing other than the point on Ben Lomond also has a padlock on it.
So what are they? Someone must know.
Cheers.
C

mch

Attachments

• bridgebakewell.jpg
    bridgebakewell.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 207

grahams

The Forestry Commission like locks too. Maybe there's a Money Tree in there?

Attachments

• lock 001.JPG
    lock 001.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 245

Graigwen

RobinGriffiths said:
tony from suffolk said:
langcliffe said:
"lovelocks" - rip 'em off.
No, no! You mustn't do that! According to the experts on the  "My Liitle Pony" forum, every time you do that a goblin kills a unicorn.

Or does a kitten die? Hmm. Or was that something else?

Well I think we should be on the side of the goblins, they share our underground interests. Goblins, Coblynau, Bwca, Knockers, call them what you will they are the only company you get on solo underground trips in Wales. If Roy is still burrowing away in the 24 at Goginan I am sure he will confirm this....

royfellows

Graigwen said:
RobinGriffiths said:
tony from suffolk said:
langcliffe said:
"lovelocks" - rip 'em off.
No, no! You mustn't do that! According to the experts on the  "My Liitle Pony" forum, every time you do that a goblin kills a unicorn.

Or does a kitten die? Hmm. Or was that something else?

Well I think we should be on the side of the goblins, they share our underground interests. Goblins, Coblynau, Bwca, Knockers, call them what you will they are the only company you get on solo underground trips in Wales. If Roy is still burrowing away in the 24 at Goginan I am sure he will confirm this....

its the 26.............
:)

langcliffe

pwhole said:
Ten mins with some bolt croppers and a quick trip to I.C. Nothing, Scrap Merchants...?

You may be surprised by the quality of some of the padlocks used. Angle grinders were required to remove some from our local suspension bridge.