• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

Caving in the News, Recently?

Caver Keith

Over the last couple of days the viewing figures for several of my videos have shown dramatic rises. It's a complete mystery as to why this has happened.
Has there been anything in the news recently caving related, possibly last Thursday? I can't think of any other reason for the increase in video views.

Caver Keith

What were the videos about?
Templeton...
No, just general caving videos. Last year there was a story about a "Giant Hole In Siberia" which resulted in my Giant's Hole video getting 10,000 views in a couple of days, so a sudden rise in video views is most likely be related to something caving related in the news.

Caver Keith

Just found the Echo Pot report on the MCR website. This might be the reason but it doesn't seem to have been widely reported.

crickleymal

Maybe there's been a programme about sinkholes on the idiot's lantern recently. I think I saw one about a month ago and these are usually repeated ad nauseam on the satellite channels.

Damo

crickleymal said:
Maybe there's been a programme about sinkholes on the idiot's lantern recently. I think I saw one about a month ago and these are usually repeated ad nauseam on the satellite channels.

Funny enough there was such a programme on as i was flicking through the channels.