Calling Nottingham based cavers

Pitlamp

Is there anyone who lives around Nottingham who visits the Ingleton area of the Dales? (Or even Castleton in the Peak District, though the Dales is the best option.)

I have a box of geological samples here which we need to get to someone in a village called Radcliffe on Trent. The box is heavy enough to make it expensive to post but the main problem is the contents are slightly fragile - and I wouldn't want them to get mauled in a sorting office. However it's no problem to pick up and stick in a car; it's not that heavy.

Without going into detail these samples are of great interest in helping to understand the glacial history of the Dales and the development of a well known cave system.

Please can anyone help? If so, maybe you could send me a PM? Thank you.

(Mods - I've posted this in the general UK Caving section deliberately, so hopefully the maximum number of people will see it.)

Stu

On the 26th  February I'll be in the Dales and on the 28th February I'll be in Nottingham. Thursday I'm working near Halton Gill and heading back home to Sheffield, then work on Saturday in Nottingham centre. Don't mind a small detour if an arrangement can be made. Any use to you?

Pitlamp

Jason and Stuart - I'm really grateful for your offers to try to help.

Just before I was about to send you both a P.M. a mate of mine rang me from a just mile from here and said he'll deliver the parcel for me. So it's sorted. But THANK YOU!