does porth yr ogof hold any digging prospects?

Does porth yr ogof hold any digging prospects or any way of obtaining dry accesses to parts past the sumps? Just wondering as its probably the cave i have visited most. 

Les W

I assume you mean the upstream sumps? I'm not sure there is any "dry" cave in the upstream bit and all the downstream stuff is accessible already.

Duncan Price

There is quite a bit of dry cave upstream of Tradesman's entrance and the possibility of digging a way into the Upper Cave was postulated after Esser's accident.

are there any assending choked passages in the upper cave which might lead to the surface and has any one else thought the small resurgence just north of the main entrance was of interest?

If you haven't got the Porth yr Ogof Booklet and survey I suggest you go to the ubss.org.uk site and use the search facility to find a downloadable pdf version. It's over 30 years old but I'm not sure if there is anything better. Perhaps someone else might know?

Duncan Price

The CDG Welsh Sump Index does have as more up to date survey than the UBSS one but you'll have to buy a copy as it is not online - actually it is under Google Books which was a bit of an oversight.