Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Devon and Cornwall / Re: Bakers Pit broken into again....
« Last post by Lockchopper on Yesterday at 11:43:49 pm »
Typical white male response.  :sleeping:

Don't you see it's people like you and your mate Nig, who are responsible for this sort of low level aggression which prevents inclusion and as a result, why caving is the preserve of white males.  :coffee:
Idle Chat / Re: Total Solar Eclipse
« Last post by ZombieCake on Yesterday at 11:32:17 pm »
Amata,
What fllter did you use?  I use Pentax DSLRs (burgundy K30 and silver K3) when not using mirrorless, so intrigued how you did it. Brilliant pics.
« Last post by David Rose on Yesterday at 11:12:28 pm »
CROW, and cave access in general, are important subjects that merit serious discussion, and indeed, landowners and others may well read this forum. Silly and undeserved accusations of racism aren't helping anyone, and if they are meant in jest, they aren't remotely funny. Whoever you are, Lockchopper, it's time to lay off.
There was an English translation. It's a sad story, but not a great book, in my opionion.
« Last post by RobinGriffiths on Yesterday at 11:02:44 pm »
About chopping locks off, or general, low level racism and bigotry?

What a load of bollocks. What racism and bigotry? Post a link to such.

I presume you are an existing member causing mischief.
« Last post by Lockchopper on Yesterday at 10:46:06 pm »
About chopping locks off, or general, low level racism and bigotry?
Have you considered the mighty Ogof Draenen?

;)

Ian

He should have done, i'm sure I sent him some info on that... :)

There's also a guide made by Tarquin www.cavinguk.co.uk/draenen/

www.cavinguk.co.uk/draenen/draenen.htm

Quote from:
If all else fails, the Darren Cilau to Ogof Cnwc through trip does not require a key. The route description is available in CSS Newsletter vol 52, issue 10. I can email it to you if needs be  8)

Martin, I think you may already have this, might be called Busman's holiday on my file though :s
« Last post by ZombieCake on Yesterday at 09:55:55 pm »
This forum is readable by the public at large, and that includes landowners and mangers.  What do they think of the various attitudes displayed on UK Caving?
Film & Photography / Re: Best photography quote / interview?
« Last post by ZombieCake on Yesterday at 09:25:49 pm »
Worry about your skill. Not your equipment. 
Quite agree.
I wonder how may people (myself included) use all the features on their cameras?  I guess different people will use different subsets for different roles in different circumstances so manufacturers have to cater for all in each product.
Still, I tend to use simple aperture priority (AP) most of the time, with a bit of manual and use shutter priority on the 35RC as it doesn't have AP.  This gentleman's YouTube channel is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gI1ZTsLMcU
There again digital in body image stabilisation is ace in low light, and some of the cave stuff I've been looking at recently would not be tenable without digital.
I need a decent film scanner!!
« Last post by Lockchopper on Yesterday at 09:25:39 pm »
Caving clubs are just demonstrating their patriachal male white privilege by putting locks on the entrances to caves. It's the social equivalent of a chastity belt. Another example of male dominance and misogyny.

We must destroy them!

Roy may have a white skellington, but he's from the black countray, which redresses the balance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10