Chelsea College Caving Club - is it defunct?

Subpopulus Hibernia

Does the Chelsea College Caving Club still exist? They did some work in Ireland c.1970 and published in the London Universities Caving Clubs Journal. From what I can glean from the internet the college itself was subsumed into the wider University of London during the 70s so I'm guessing that the club either merged with some other UL club or else died off. Anyone know?

ptpeaty

The Chelsea Speleological Society still exists and is very healthy. It too used to do a lot of exploratory work in Co. Clare in the 70s & early 80s and made some good finds, Pollballyelly being one. The name 'Chelsea' is a bit of a misnomer as the Society's members now meet in Wales where the majority of its members now live. A sizeable number also live in the Mendip region. Sadly, not many live in the London area from where we originally took our name! Thought I'd mention this in case people confused us with the now, sadly defunct College team.
Cheers
PT

paul

Chelsea College was amalgamated with Kings College in 1985. I'm pretty sure that Chelsea College Caving CLub had practically died out in the early 80's before this happened.

Subpopulus Hibernia

Cheers guys. I was fairly sure the Chelsea College Group was different from the CSS but wanted to check nonetheless in case the club had lingered on in some other form.