Speleogenesis film

Pitlamp

I was just reading Lindsay Dodd's obituary in the most recent Descent magazine, which gives a web address for the Speleogenesis film which he and Sid Perou made. Never having seen this I just watched it online - and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not surprised it won several awards.

The final few minutes of the film includes some underwater footage (shot by Geoff Yeadon). Does anybody know where this was actually filmed? I have a particular reason for asking as I spotted something very interesting at one point which may have relevance to an ongoing scientific project.

Can anyone help?

I'll have a look at the footage again - it is along time ago!

I was only involved with some still shots for publicity material (at Upper Long Churn and Alum Pot) taken by Lindsay.

Sorry to hear of his passing - he is the only person I know who has been out drinking with Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider).

AT

Basher

langcliffe said:
Pitlamp said:
Thanks for looking. Anyone else know?
Asking the obvious, I guess, but have you asked Sid?
Speleogenesis is one of Sid's most coveted films, a brilliant piece of work!
I'll ask him if he knows it is on the web, maybe a good thing to sell more DVD copies of it, available direct from Sid.
I'll also be seeing Geoff Yeadon in the near future, so I'll ask him Pitlamp if ok?

cwhalley

Hi,
I've just spoken to Sid and he says that it was probably Keld head but not 100%.
I'll ring Geoffrey tonight.
Cheers C

Pitlamp

Thanks all - h'm, much of it does look like Keld Head (which I'm pretty familiar with) but the start of the sequence is descending into a frothy downstream sump pool, which can't be Keld Head. This is the bit that intrigues me and why I asked the original question. (I have a specific reason for wanting to know as there's something of great interest in that opening sequence of the diving footage.)

I may well see you (cwhalley) up at a certain big hole over the next fortnight where there's a hoist set up - if so we can maybe have a natter about it.

Thanks also Basher - if you  haven't yet seen TGY please can you ask him about that downstream sump pool at the start of the sequence? Ta.