MCR 75th Anniversary????

Someone told me there were going to be some celebrations over the weekend of the 18th - 20th November for the 75th Anniversay of Mendip Cave Rescue.  Can anyone confirm this, and are there any details yet?  I think that is also the weekend of the JRat digging award - am I right about this too?

Cheers

mrodoc

I think they are working on the merchandise at present. For the 50th we abseiled off Cheddar Gorge. Great fun!

Ali M

A celebration day to mark the 75th Anniversary of the MCR is planned for Saturday 19th November.  The program has yet to be finalised but will involve, videos, kit displays and various activities such as pitch hauling on a climbing wall and the Speleo-Olympics course for a ?rescue? race event. The activities in the evening will include a guest speaker, an auction and the JRat Digging Award for 2011. This will be followed by a Stomp.
Food will be available at lunchtime and in the evening and celebratory T- shirts will be on sale. 

Ali M

As promised - further details of the 75th Anniversary of the MCR on 18th /19th November

Celebrations will start on the Friday night in the Hunters where we will be showing rescue related videos and clips in the back room.  Saturday's programme (details below) will involve, videos, kit displays and various activities such as pitch hauling on a climbing wall, an underground practice rescue and the Speleo Olympics course for a ?rescue? race event. The activities in the evening will include a talk on the Mendip Cave Rescue, an auction of caving related objects and the JRat Digging Award for 2011. This will be followed by a Stomp later in the evening
Food will be available at lunchtime and in the evening and celebratory T- shirts will be on sale. The bar will be open all afternoon and evening.

Saturday Programme

Morning
9.30 - 10.00 ? Hall opens for tea, coffee and briefing
10.00 - 12.00 ? Rescue workshops in and around the hall
12.00 - 1.00 ? Break
Afternoon
1.30 - 5.30 ? Underground rescue practice
5.30 - 6.30 ? Break
Evening
6.30 - 7.30 ? Social time
7.30 - 7.45 ? MCR /MRO History by Bob Cork
7.45 - 8.15 ? Social time