• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Petzl Altios Helmets

cap n chris

images

I've got a few Petzl Altios helmets (in orange) that are not used any more and I wonder if anyone would like to take one or two off my hands?

Looking for ?29 each but will do two for the price of two less a bit.

cap n chris

Nope. They'm pure as the driven snow and unbotchedness. Lamp brackets are available for ?3(ish) from good caving retailering outlets/hypermarkets, if you need to retro-fit.

cap n chris

A fair amount but are in good condition despite this; they have been used caving and climbing so will have surface scratchmarks but I'm not going out to the shed to rummage at this time of night!

Oceanrower

Hi Chris. I'll take one (or maybe two depending on the "bit off" bit  ;) ) I'm down the Wessex on w/e 18th Feb. Can you hold for me. Can to a transfer if you want money earlier. Nigel.

Pitlamp

Where would a lamp bracket be mounted? I mean it looks like the only place with enough solidity would result in you lighting up stalactites rather than the area in front. (I ask out of curiosity because I'm vaguely interested in having one, as my existing caving helmet's seen a few campaigns.)

Joe.Bones

I was having similar thoughts Pitlamp, I wonder if you could engineer a bracket to use the front 2 vents and the lip, and then bolt said light to that?

cap n chris

Joe.Bones said:
I was having similar thoughts Pitlamp, I wonder if you could engineer a bracket to use the front 2 vents and the lip, and then bolt said light to that?

Sounds do-able. I've only used them with Myo-XPs and Pixa 3s which clearly work a treat as the clips on the helmet are designed with such lights in mind.