I am taking this hobby in the Canary Islands more seriously :-)

Lanza888

Hi All

I have lived in the Canaries for a few years & i started exploring the various lava tunnels last year,  (y)  i am looking for an experienced "buddy" who wants to explore with me & educate me on the minerals etc. 

I have a 4 x 4 vehicle , EXCELLENT knowledge of the local area, basic equipment and a positive can do attitude.  I can arrange cheap accommodation ( or may even offer my spare room )

So if u wanna take advantage of some winter sunshine & pop down a natural volcanic lava tunnel in your  shorts n t-shirt then please send me a PM.    8)

Ciao 4 now
DAVID

Les W

Which Island are you on?
I would guess from your forum name that it might be Lanzarote...

Lanza888

Les W said:
Which Island are you on?
I would guess from your forum name that it might be Lanzarote...

Hi Les W,  thanks 4 the prompt reply,  YES i live on Lanza, altho i have lived on some of the other islands over the past few years, i know most of them very well.

cap n chris

Hi David,

A bunch of us UK cavers are popping out to Lanzarote for a week commencing the 8th March for more lavapalavamalarky and it could be great if you catch up with us - we'll most likely be based around Costa Teguise `cos it's pretty central.

There's quite a lot of stuff written up on this forum about Lanzarote and Tenerife lava tubes/caves and Menacer's website has a lot more general and specific information which you might find useful. It's:

www.cavesoflanzarote.co.uk

I made some films, too.

:)

We've know some friendly local Lanzie lads, Alex and Xavier, who you might do well to "network" with, too!

robjones

Looks like David has received a crash course on how cavers rise to an offer of a free floor:

9:05am:
Lanza888 said:
I can arrange cheap accommodation ( or may even offer my spare room )

36 minutes later a trip is arranged!

cap 'n chris said:
A bunch of us UK cavers are popping out to Lanzarote for a week commencing the 8th March for more lavapalavamalarky 

;) ;) ;)

Lanza888

Hi Cap n Chris
A bunch of us UK cavers are popping out to Lanzarote for a week commencing the 8th March for more lavapalavamalarky and it could be great if you catch up with us - we'll most likely be based around Costa Teguise `cos it's pretty central.
I would be pleased 2 meet up with u when u are here, thanks 4 the offer
(y)
We've know some friendly local Lanzie lads, Alex and Xavier, who you might do well to "network" with, too!
(y) (y)

if u wanna send me an email u can use lanza888@yahoo.com or sms 0034 649 389 888  if i can help with anything then i'm happy 2

Yea robjones;-
Looks like David has received a crash course on how cavers rise to an offer of a free floor:

i am a quick learner  :clap: