• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Conveyer Belt Scraps

Speleokitty

Does anyone have any pieces of scraps of old conveyer belt I could use for capping mats. My old one has been washed away by the summer floods.

I'm based in the Peak District but will be at the BCRC conference this weekend.

Thanks

Julie

Jude

Would you like some Dingle polyurethane capping mat? We live in Clapham and can give you some this weekend if you are still in need?

Jude

nickwilliams

My stocks are not huge (I used quite a bit of it making new mudflaps when I re-built my Land Rover) so if there is some more about which can be put into general circulation that would be a good thing.

Nick.

martinb

I came across an offcut a few months ago, but left it in place (not a dig, so don't worry!), i'll pick it up next week assuming its not already been liberated.

T pot 2

Nick

I will be stripping out a few conveyors in the next few weeks if you arrange collection I would be happy to re plenish the Great Hucklow stock.

T pot

nickwilliams

Hi Tpot,

Great. If you can make a pile of it somewhere, and let me know, I'll pop over with the trailer and collect.

Nick.

heavypetal

I work with a machine called a Ballast Cleaner which means my office car park is absolutely full of scrap conveyor belts. I have an offcut around 1 square meter and around 12mm thick (braided) and can meet in the Peaks. PM me!

SamT

Is there still a huge pile of it at Stans place up on moss rake.  There was miles of it all piled up with loads of other junk.

I know that this would need permission to obtain, and that the site is being closely guarded/monitored following various thefts of metal etc, but I'm sure permission would be forth coming if the right people asked the owners.  I know the bagshawe guys were after some, not for capping, but for dragging kibbles over, thus more than just a scrap was required.

How much would you be willing to store nick.

Speleokitty

Hi Sam

If storage is the only issue I could put two or three big rolls in my field. This stuff always comes in handy.

Julie