• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

Caving Potential of Israel and the West Bank

Amy

Our grotto chair is from Israel and does have some fun stories of spelunking there including some scary stories as there is a lot of sandstone...which is highly unstable and prone to collapse. PM me and I will give you his contact information. There is actually a sea cave right on the Lebanon border of which some kids unbeknownly crossed the border getting to it and had a lovely surprise upon their return! As far as I understand from him there is no organized caving there and it's just not something you do other than those who wish to explore (sounds like oftentimes not that smartly, either!)

Roger W

There are certainly records of caves (and cavers!) in the Dead Sea are going back a long way.

It seems that there were some disgusting types who weren't averse to having a dump in a cave even then!

Have a look in 1 Samuel chapter 24...

Alkapton

There is enough bang in South Wales (T. D. power!) without going out of your way to find overkill BANG imho.