• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

P Bolts

SamT

ianball11 said:
Does the P in P-bolt stand for Permanent?  :-\

No its the shape of them before there placed

108084509_medium_466810.jpg

ianball11

haha, thank you Sam, I was suggesting that although p-bolts are pretty pop proof, I wouldn't say they are permanent.

Alex

After reading that would it not make sense to just see the effect after placement to build a damn to divert the water when they are placed and release the dam once the resin had bonded?

paul

Alex said:
After reading that would it not make sense to just see the effect after placement to build a damn to divert the water when they are placed and release the dam once the resin had bonded?

As the document says "The scenario was to attempt to re-create a situation where surface anchors would be required to be installed in a streambed, underwater and subjected to freeze/thaw conditions throughout the year.", I suspect the interest was in testing a situation where you couldn't dam the water and see what happens if the anchors were placed while water was flowing and then subject to freeze/thaw cycles.