• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

cowtails found in Sell Gill Holes

Dave Tyson

A group of us were down in Sell Gill Holes today (10th Nov) and found what looks to be a brand new set of cowstails at the bottom of the 'dry' route.

PM me with a rough description and we will try and unite said item with their owner...

Cheers,
Dave

topcat

so, how do you loose your cows tails?  I mean, given that you need them to get out, you'd kind of notice their absence and then go back looking for them? No? :-\

Bottlebank

Easily done.

Arrive at bottom of pitches, take gear off and go for a wander, gear back on and up you go only realising your mistake when you get to the top.

Have managed to do same thing with a Petzl Stop before now :)

topcat

Bottlebank said:
Easily done.

Arrive at bottom of pitches, take gear off and go for a wander, gear back on and up you go only realising your mistake when you get to the top.

You mean the top of the first free hang?  I can see that, but surely not the top, as in out of the pot?
No option to drop back down, or ask someone below you to take a look?  Not sure I'd fancy going all the way out without my 'tails!

Bottlebank

Cows tails, top of pitch.

Although I seem to remember I didn't notice the missing Stop until I went to descend again the following week  :chair:

OK - this is what happened. Firstly, my nameless friend (who shall remain so unless suitably bribed) having not caved for a couple of years bought a new set of pretty much everything on Saturday from Bernie's. We had a nice trip to Sell Gill on the way out he was adjusting his footloop length so I set off up the last pitch. He came up - reached the belay and realised his cowstails were nowhere to be seen. As it happened another group were coming down the second pitch so he used a spare sling and crab to get off the pitch and derigged with the plan that the other group would rescue the cowstails. As it happened they decided that the second pitch was far enough and he/we couldn't be bothered to rerig. We had enough spare kit to effect a safe exit and then went to inglesport to buy another set.

topcat

Right, I've got it now ::)

:LOL: I see you didn't go back to Bernies for the replacement set of tails !!