• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Ideal clubhouse

glyders

I guess that as it was built to observe the effects of nuclear weapons it has some system to allow viewing.

global_s

I wonder how easy it would be to live in full time? That's not far from me and would be about 5 months rent.  :-\

I'm guessing phone signal could be a problem, I wonder if I could get broadband?

nickwilliams

It's an old observation post, so it would have had a telephone line back in the day. I bet the wire is still there even if it's not connected at the exchange any more.

Antwan

cavermark said:
I'm intrigued as to how it has "superb views of the surrounding countryside"!
if there was a bomb dropped the two blokes inside would have to radio/phone the nearest control to see if anyone was alive then stick there heads out every 3 days for a good look around. And if they couldn't reach anyone it was upto them if they dare come out. That's how I remember it from been told by an observer when I was a kid anyway

I love the lids on those places as you could lift it with your little finger the counter balance is so good  :)

It would be great to get that mechanism on some of the caving lids  ;)  Longwood, County ...