The sound of caves

cap n chris

It's total nonsense! All the caves I visit are full of the sound of screaming and weeping and sloshing through puddles of tears.

dunc

Interesting, the intro (and the little bit I listened to) reminds me just a little of the lesser known material from The Shamen.

Over the years I've noticed a fair few of the caves I've visited have the sound of a gentle stream, the subtle overtones of a drip, the aggressive shuffle of fabric on rock, the occasional and sometimes distant clicking of metalwork, but largely it seemed to be filled with expletives...  :confused:

Alex

I still remember back in the day I turned a whole passage blue with the expletives. Heck I turned the passage leading from the top of the second pitch blue with expletives f***ng bag, f***ing hand jammer and the like.

cap n chris

Obviously not. Similarly it is logically obvious that the Universe didn't exist until very recently for precisely the same reason.

Mrs Trellis

We made a programme for Radio Manchester - "Out and About with Clive Price" iirc in the 1970's.  We took him and his daughter down P8 and he made a half hour programme from the recordings underground. It was quite atmospheric with the water crashing down, chinking of the ladder and the climbing commands, sloshing through the canal just before the end.

He told us he was ...er... bricking it beforehand but in the end enjoyed it. His daughter was totally silent during the entire trip. We never found out if she enjoyed it or not!

BBCR4 is running a series of listeners' clips , selected ones are being made into a music piece to be premiered at the Proms. Old technology I know but some of that unmistakeable sound of electron ladder chinking against limestone would be a treat.

If you can supply one:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01q81ld