• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

P-Bolts in P8

Cycling_Viking

Pete K said:
P8 might have come to nothing, it was flagged to DCA recently.

Can you tell me exactly where the suspect bolt in P8 is? Or at least your closest approximation - I'm down there pretty often.

Cheers.

Pete K

Bolts are awaiting test but the DCA advise avoiding the pair at the head of the old iron ladder pitch for now.

ah147

Not currently rigged on by the rigging that's fixed in there I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenny P

Following tests by members of the DCA Bolt Installation team all the bolts on the first pitch were found to be OK - testing is laborious and labour intensive so took quite a lot of effort on the past of those who did the job.  Thanks guys.

Having drawn a blank, it was then suggested that the suspect bolts were actually not on the 1st. pitch after all so other bolts were checked and nothing untoward was found.  It seems that there were some "Chinese whispers" about the position of the alleged suspect bolts, which resulted in wasted time and effort.

We do rely on people letting us know if there is a problem but PLEASE, if you do report a suspect bolt in the Peak, make direct contact with the DCA Equipment Officer and be prepared to explain exactly where the bolt is so that it can be checked efficiently and quickly.  Currently the Equipment Officer is Bob Dearman and you'll find contact details on the DCA website - in particular in all DCA Information Circulars which are on the website at www.theDCA.org.uk.

Jenny Potts,
DCA Hon. Secretary

Jon daniels

I took a trip down P8 last night and found the two p hangers on the pitch to the right of the true second pitch have movement in. If you make your way down the first pitch then up the left wall into the upper reaches and follow the rift to the left you come to the head of this pitch which you lower onto a large stal with the two hanger to the right of this. There is a fair bit of twist movement in the hangers.
I will report this directly to the dca as i may be wrong but it reads like only the first pitch hangers where checked?
If they have been checked and im wasting peoples time i apologise but there is a fair bit of movement in them.

regards Jon

Jon daniels

It has been confirmed that the two bolts with movement in are at the head of the old iron ladder pitch , there is only slight twisting movement in them both but movement none theless , reported to bob dearman who is acting upon this.