Who is/ was working in Easy Pickings- Nettle Pot?

Mark R

Hi,

last week I noticed a large Darren drum in Easy Pickings near the bottom of Nettle Pot, at the base of the ascending Red River Passage. I'm pretty sure it had "OCC Please Leave" written on it (ill double check tomorrow). does anyone know who this belongs to, apart from the Orpheus?
I'd be interested to find out what that team has been doing, or is doing down there... unless it's another one of those 'top secret' digs!?
There was also a lump hammer and rope on a ledge half way up Red River Passage. ((If this stuff is not being used any more can it be brought out))?

Cheers
Mark

nearlywhite

I thought every dig in Derbyshire used to be a DCC and now are Eldon? Mind you, it could be a mispelling of TSG...  :sneaky:

TLH should be able to help, or perhaps Bottlebank if you pm

JonP

Pretty sure it was frank brown (dcc) digging down there in the late 80's. Found all red river and pretty much everything else down there. Don't think its been dug for years. If you search frank brown on here I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of information. He passed away a few years ago and loads of people posted stuff up about him. Think his ashes were spread in the river at the bottom of nettle too.

Bottlebank

It is an ongoing DCC dig. The diggers (Simon and Allan) would appreciate you leaving the gear in place, they're more than happy for anyone to have a dig but please let us know if it's looking good.

Thanks

Tony

Mark R

Thanks for finding out. I have sent you a pm for a few more details if possible.
Cheers
Mark