Caving Psyche

bograt

Due to a major Motherboard collapse, I have been forced to upgrade, meaning a change to Windows 8, I knew I had 4Gb of DDR3 memory (2x2Gb) somewhere so started to search, just found one 2Gb used as a bookmark in my 1974 copy of Caves of Derbyshire, wonder where I will find the other one?  :cry:

Anyone else having similar experiences???

AR

My condolences on being forced to endure Windows 8, you may want to consider the free upgrade to 10 that'll be on offer in just over a week....

Roger W

Will Windows 10 actually be any better than Windows 8?  Will it be worth upgrading, or will we only be moving to a different set of horrors?

Filter

Roger W said:
Will Windows 10 actually be any better than Windows 8?  Will it be worth upgrading, or will we only be moving to a different set of horrors?
From the early reviews from mates in-the-know: it fixes a lot of the 8 issues but still isn't as good as 7 (though there are a few folk who agree with me that XP was better than all of the above).

bograt

I recall some trauma upgrading from '98 to XP., now I've got to go through it all again upping to '08, AArgh!!!, I'm an old man, don't know if I can handle it! ----. :eek: :eek:

(Still not found that other 2G---) :-\

BTW, the original post was a query about if other cavers ever found summat they where looking for in funny places--?

--Or if Cavers brains work different?

Laurie

XP was the best.
I've got an XP laptop, a 7 PC and an 8.1 laptop.
I'll switch the awful 8.1 to Win 10 to see what it's like and judge from there.
My internet connection barely scrapes 2 Mb, how long's it going to take to download 3 GB?

tony from suffolk

My advice? Dump them all & get a Mac. I'm forced to use a PC on occasion & once I've waited an eternity for it to install the several thousand updates the subsequent user experience is dreadful.