Best refuge cave in case of Zombie plague

cap n chris

Possibly somewhere locked and with a good water supply, dry floored chamber and plenty of space. Was thinking along the lines of perhaps one of the Showcaves.

andys

The only way to "kill" a zombie is to remove its head - so its got to be Deaths Head surely?

Duncan S

How about the Railway Tunnel in St Cuthberts?
Dry, spacious, streamway a short hop away and an entrance that is just about guaranteed to keep both zombies and gun-toting survivors out.
I think it is also safe against zombie cave divers :)

ZombieCake

Perhaps somewhere like Goatchurch in the Mendips as it has a 2nd escape entrance or exit. A cave with just one way in is known as a 'larder'.  :LOL:

tony from suffolk

You really need to be the other side of a sump somewhere, on an active streamway, so I guess it's either Swildons or Wookey, the latter now rendered less zombie- proof by that blessed new tunnel they've dug. Damn their eyes, I bet they never considered that, the fools.

You see, when your fellow companions inexorably turn into slobbering, oozing zombies as a result of being previously bitten by zombie pub landlords, you need some means of disposing of their bodies after you've sneaked up on 'em & snicked off their bonces with a sharpened flake of stal curtain.

alastairgott

Salmons cavern in far peak, if you rigged titan but also had the key to speedwell, you could get provisions along the canal, then lock the doors of speedwell, the gates near the bung and also the gate after the 'titan connection' but before the turn off for calcite aven.

Even if they get through the gates, they would probably struggle up the handlined climb into salmons cavern and then you could pick them off one by one if they did manage it.

If provisions through speedwell are impossible, then you could always enter/exit via Titan.

Or if you are pitlamp, we'd just show you far sump and dunk you in. But diver's also have the option of treasury. And cavers have the option of colostomy, but it's less easy for getting provisions in and JH as well.

Ship-badger

The Old Ham/Old Bow mine complex. Very complicated, so the zombies might not find you. Lots of escape routes if they do. Pleanty of water, but also mostly bone dry. It's where I'm going.

mrdetail

Goughs would include advantage a tasty source of food that will will only mature over time. The manaquin displays offer humanesque camouflage and confusion should there be a zombie invasion.

ah147

Hard rock cafe in Daren!

Easy access via the sump, big, well stocked, fresh water and I doubt any zombies are coming down from the main entrance!

nearlywhite

White river/top of NCC shafts/Jim Lister's 'shed'

I'd go for something in which you can pull up the rope - I reckon you're more likely to get zombie cave divers than bolt climbers

Griffin

A couple of my non-caving friends have asked the same question. Visitors that we (DCC) have have taken down the copper mines at Alderley Edge have mentioned it would be a great place to hide out in the event of zombie apocalypse :)

tony from suffolk

Wherever you are, don't forget to take along your collection of naff 70's vinyl LPs to throw at any zombies who happen to stumble across your hideaway.

Bottlebank

Nice thread Chris, has Carmen been leaving you alone in front of the PC again?

I have enough trouble trying to convince my mates in my local that as a caver I'm one step away from the asylum and now this :)

Anyway, the obvious answer is Gaping Gill, unless Zombies can fly?

Bloke28

One thats remote, like half way up a steep jagged mountain, inhospitable terrain for most, especially zombies..
According to the films zombies don't seem co-ordinated or fast moving so you should be right..

Take a chair in case :chair:

lumenchild

Alum Pot, id camp out by the greasy slab, roasting marshmellows as I watch them fall,

questions - are they intelligent ones?
              - will they be careful enough to not go down diccan?
              -are they the new fast running ones or the old slow groaning type with arms in front ect...?