DCA Online Access Guide for the Peak District

Scud

The online access guide for the Peak District is now online. This incorporates all the catchment data except Hamps / Manifold which will follow later this year.

As any online guide, it is only as good as the data that has been inputted into the system so please take a look at it and if you see any errors, please let us know by submitting updates on the contact us links provided within the online registry.

There is still much work still to be done to update it with more accurate grid references, levels, lengths and depths etc. If you have more accurate data, please let us have it.

We will be incorporating a picture library and a bibliography into the online guide at some point in the future. Watch out for further correspondence throughout the year when we will start to request pictures.

It can be found at http://thedca.org.uk

Thanks to Matt Voysey for allowing us to use his database software.

Thanks

Wayne Sheldon
Hon Chairman

alastairgott

Wayne, wow!

That is brilliant, did one or two test searches, and it works astonishingly!

Typed castleton 200m and they all appeared.

Then I selected a place to search from using the map, placed the pin at the p8 car park and 1km as the search bound. It came out with all the ones it should have done.
Then i went into full on geek mode and flicked the switch for geology!!!

Utterly brilliant!

And it works in my mobile too, so i wont need to get lost on my way to holme bank chert mine again! :) sorry AL

Madness

180 views but only 3 replies.

177 of you must be hard to impress!

I think the individual or team who created this deserve better, as does a anyone who does something for the benefit of others.

Dave Tyson

Had a play with it looking at stuff around sparrowpit and it works really well! 

It's an excellent piece of work. Kudos to the developers.

Dave

mikem

Although many of the grid refs need some work, some are only 6 figure (nearest 100m) - both Sidetrack & Convenience Caves are shown outside the quarry, so you might need those approach descriptions for a bit longer...

But an excellent resource with a slightly different emphasis to http://www.mcra.org.uk/wiki/doku.php

Mike

Cave_Troll

how do i see the "geology" ?

also , is it possible to go to a location on the map and see what caves are nearby ?

Tommy

Cave_Troll said:
how do i see the "geology" ?

also , is it possible to go to a location on the map and see what caves are nearby ?

It'd be good if it could automatically surface bash around data from expeditions too. Should be a simple Computer Vision/GIS problem eh ;)

To the creators: Fantastic resource!, It's clear that a lot of time and energy went into this, thank you :D