Giants hole, loose Boulder in roof near top of east west passage

Giants hole, loose Boulder in roof near top of east west passage.

In the roof of the alcove on the right of the bad step between the scramble up and the start of west passage facing the drop / pitch with 2 resin bolts in the roof,
is an unstable / loose Boulder, it's right side is perched on a plate of rock which has become detached from the wall (half of which has already come off) there is a vertical crack / air space between the plate and Boulder and the wall, left side of Boulder is just resting on the wall.
The fall line of the Boulder is out of the alcove through the point we all stand to spot the group past the drop, down the pitch and in to the bottom of the lower passage way (the normal route in to the main cave system)
As this is a well used group route it might be best avoiding of using extreme caution if in that area until the Boulder has been made safe or dropped in a controlled manner

Jez Parr

Pete K

Funnily enough, I had to 'garden' some very large rocks down from the ledge area last month. Not exactly where you describe but near. I think I know where you mean. I'll pop in between Mon and Wed to see what needs doing. Will bring the bar.
Pete
DCA Projects