Caving film wanted

Pitlamp

This is a very long shot but can anybody help?

In the 1980s there was a series on Yorkshire Television called "Calendar".  On 11-08-82 they screened a programme about a one legged guide at Ingleborough Cave called Chester, who is also a caver and member of the NPC.  I am trying to get hold of a copy of this film (preferably without Chester knowing in advance). 

Does anyone out there have a copy I might borrow?  It was in the days when VHS & Betamax were both popular - but we have access to a Betamax player as well as the now standard VHS, so either format would do.

Alternatively I do know that there is definitely still a copy, on 16 mm film, in YTV's archives - but understandably they will not lend this original.  Is anyone out there employed by YTV (or have friends who are?) and in a position to get a copy made?  (If so I can supply the YTV clip identification numbers etc to help you locate it).

Chester is an old caver and I know he would dearly like to see this film once again.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.

W

Walrus

I found this info:
Yorkshire Television Film Library
Television Centre LEEDS LS3 1JS (Tel: 0113 222 8052)
On this site: http://www.meldrum.co.uk/mhp/inmemory.html
Good luck!

Pitlamp

That's very helpful, thanks.  I'll chase it up.

Meanwhile, if anyone out there has their own copy and would be willing to lend it please can you get in touch?