• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Best cave for me in Yorkshire?

P

PsychoBilly

Can anyone think of my perfect cave, in Yorkshire.?

I like crawling through tight holes, maybe even a couple of really tight squeezes. As little clay mud as possible, not to much water, high potential for exploration, and preferably not ending in the disapointment of a sump.

Also I'd prefere no SRT, after an unplesent experience I'd rather just cave, but if it's nessecary to get to a system like what I've described above, so be it.

Is there any such Cave?

AndyF

Dunno about yorkshire, but you could try Critchlow in the Peak district...... as long as you really DO like crawling.... :-\

gus horsley

Psychobilly - bit of a tall order there.  I can think of Pippikin (via the Mistral), Great Douk (exit from one of the more obscure holes), Scoska Cave, Birkwith Cave (Coppy Gill Exit) and I can't think of owt else at the moment.

racingsnake

Pull yourself together, get over you SRT hang-up and do Quaking pot. The crux onwards is not for the faint hearted or most cavers of southern persuation  :LOL: Only joking before you all get carried away .