• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

YORKSHIRE CAVES

Lu

Hi
There is a very well worked out round entrance right in front of Braida Garth, near Yordas Cave, I have checked only about 10 metres in and would like to know if anyone knows what is the name of this cave and is there a survey on it...
please help if you can.Thanks for your help.
Lu :blink:

Lu

:D Thanks a million Chris
I have now researched a lot on the internet and confirmed this is the name of the cave. It seems doable to cave novices.
Thanks for your help. much appreciated! :D
Lu

L

Limestone_Cowboy

Aye definitely sounds very much like valley entrance and yes it is doable by novices as you say lots of fun crawling and stooping and walking and then a short ladder into Kingsdale main drain and pleasant splosh upstream to look at the sumps and the great aven up to simpsons pot.

barrabus

Limestone_Cowboy said:
then a short ladder into Kingsdale main drain

Assuming you take your own ladder that is.  ;)

There has recently been a fixed rope, although the other week someone had pulled it up halfway and tied it off to a bolt  :confused: which would probably have made it unreachable from below.

Anyone doing a trip down from Swinsto or Simpsons would have had a little climb in store.

Don't rely on fixed ropes always being there...!

L

Limestone_Cowboy

True yes I should have said take your own ladder to do that bit although if your a moderate climber and have no problem with soloing stuff you can climb up the pitch from below so it doesn't always have to be rigged to do the through trip from swinsto/simpsons.