• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

Thieves at Agen Allwedd.

A group of friends went to Agen Allwedd this morning taking with them some warm jackets for the walk back to Whitewalls. They left the jackets, hat & gloves on the inside of the cave but as was proved too close to the locked gate.

When they came out they found that someone had pulled the jackets through the bars round the gate and gone through all the pockets.  They only walked off with a pair of stripy gloves as there was nothing else in the pockets & they obviously didn't fancy my friends fleecy jacket.

The items weren't in sight and they would have had to lie flat out to reach them.

Someone said they might have been looking for a Geocache in the entrance.  We will be leaving stuff further in in future.

Alex

If it was a geocache, then the rules are they are suppose to leave something in place of the items they take.

I see now why you lock the caves there!

Alkapton

A few months ago I left my walking stick just outside Aggy. When I came out stick was gone and happy I was not. Imagine my supprise when I found the stick leaning against Whitewalls. Kinda restored me faith in human nature.  Never realised sticks get bored waiting for their owner to return from travels.

crickleymal

We never leave stuff within reaching distance of a cave/mine entrance. In the FoD I'm sure the local scallies know when and where cavers congregate for trips and it'd be putting too much temptation their way to leave keys etc within easy reach.