CROW and CHECC

hell little caver

SO Crow... I don't want to start a fight But we the CHECC committee have decided that the student population dose know about this issue or have been influenced by just one camp so in order to get them to think with there own minds, before the BCA ballots it's members. we would like to invite two people to come and talk one pro and one not.

I would like offers. to talk on Saturday night 22nd November at the gilwern centre south wales

The only specification are that the people offering only get a free meal ( we quite poor)
And are not directly linked with any student club to make sure that that not an influence

thanks
Hellie

bograt

graham said:
Why not linked with any student club, Hellie?

Maybe because Hellie represents ALL students clubs, its called democracy Graham!!!!

Good initiative Hellie, lets see if there are any takers ??.

Mark Wright

Brilliant idea Hellie.

I have a couple of GoPros you can borrow to video the two speakers and then you could stick it on youtube before we all cast our votes. They're all doing it these days.

Cheers,

Mark

Quite happy to volunteer to come and do the "Pro" talk...if someone will take me Caving on the Sunday :)

(Ideally not a group of fanatical anti-CRoW voter's who'll take me to the end of Daren & leave my battered broken body there, never to be found)

graham

bograt said:
graham said:
Why not linked with any student club, Hellie?

Maybe because Hellie represents ALL students clubs, its called democracy Graham!!!!

Good initiative Hellie, lets see if there are any takers ??.

Boggie I read it as meaning that the speakers must be linked with no student clubs at all. That is what I was querying. It would seem to arbitrarily rule out a significant proportion of British cavers.

hell little caver

well Graham linked with a current club could add bisast and some clubs links with there elders stronger that others checc as a body must be as in the middle as possible to hold this.

pro camp seem to have a few offers not so far from the con?

Thanks

hellie

Alex

I am not that great at public speakimg neither do I have the time at the moment otherwise I would throw my hat into the pro speaker ring.

G. Hardwick

hell little caver said:
well Graham linked with a current club could add bisast and some clubs links with there elders stronger that others checc as a body must be as in the middle as possible to hold this.

Thanks

hellie

Well that's cleared things up nicely.

graham

hell little caver said:

Thanks

hellie

No point in me even offering then, is there. Maybe that's why you are getting so few takers on one side.

Blakethwaite

Out of interest, will Alex or whoever ends up speaking for the 'pro' camp simply be expected to hold thumbs aloft and grin inanely or will they be expected to demonstrate how they know such things as that landowners will not attempt to oppose access through whatever means remain open to them (both legitimate & illegitimate), how they know that cave rescue orgs will not be refused access to caves for practices, whether CRoW will apply only to natural cave ( ::)) or dug shafts and entrances too. Do they know whether it will still be possible to drive Landrovers full of scaff onto the fells, whether maintenance work on existing caves will be allowed etc etc etc?

Given there are probably a couple hundred pages of related posts on here, I'm still not certain any of those issues have actually been answered.

hell little caver

if I have to have a uni person or no person I'll take a uni one  ;)

thank alex for the offer but I got an email one I'm going to go with

the idea is that both give a talk and take questions.

thanks all

hellie

bograt

Go with the video idea Hellie, otherwise the pr*cks are going to have a beanfeast.
I still think its a commendable initiative  (y) (y)

droid

Snigger.

The video idea is quite a good one, though it might be more of a 'beauty contest' than a recording of a serious debate.

hell little caver

Dear all

the is currently no speaker against I had an offer but sadly they have other commitments, I really do feel that young people need to know about crow so is there ANYONE out there willing to talk cons?

I have had several pro offer for witch I am very grateful

Hellie

cap n chris

If you have no Con speaker, morally you cannot run the session with just a Pro one. It would be indefensible on too many levels, arguably even to the extent of voiding the ballot.