• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Wet weather trips , Yorkshire ?

todcaver

Hi all , other than Jingiling pot ,
Can anyone recommend any reasonably safe srt trips that can be done in the rain
/ wet weather ?  ,,,, and in Yorkshire  (y)
Thanks all  :D

skippy

Bar Pot..But get permission from the estate.
Flood/Wades Ent...But the big pitch can be unpleasant in flood..Get all the dev's in..Permission needed from the estate.
Sell Gill Fossil route...but this can be unpleasant/ desperate in severe flood.
Deaths Head...CNCC Permission required.
Big Meanie..CNCC Permission Required.
Lancaster Hole..as above.
Alum Put...
I'm sure others will be along shortly with other suggestions.

PeteHall

Right next to Jingling is Aquamole. This is generally pretty ok when it's wet and I believe there are no access restrictions.  (y)

todcaver

Ok thanks for suggestions , a good few too look at , next question , which ones do I need to be in a club before asking permission ?  :confused:

ianball11

Other Flood and Bar GG options

OBJ Hole
Small Mammal Pot
Stile Pot

Vesper Pot is doable unless it's so wet you can't get anywhere.  King Pot has a reputation for being ok for a distance in wet weather, I'm not sure how far that distance is mind.

Alex

King is okay until you get to the big pitch (second to last) due to poor bolt placement, you can't rig out of the water. (i.e. no devis or anything) on the back wall.

Alex

Unfortunately unless things have changed, anything that requires a CNCC permit requires club membership.

Another idea is Alum pot main shaft. (only needs knock on door permission and ?1 per head fee).

alastairgott

But do join a club if you wish to go caving in these holes.

There are plenty of small clubs, if you want to join one which Is cheap and has no bureaucracy PM me and I'll ask for you. I know one which only has a couple of Members.

Fulk

Alum Pot Main Shaft in wet weather? I've been there, done that, and beat a hasty retreat when I saw virtually the whole width and length of the shaft filled with spray below the Bridge.

kay

Alex said:
Unfortunately unless things have changed, anything that requires a CNCC permit requires club membership.

Ingleborough Estate issues permits both  to  clubs and to individual BCA members.

todcaver

Thanks for reply's , I have got my bca card just not in a club , no clubs near me ,
Rift pot sounds good thanks for the suggestion , hopefully this club rule mlarcky will pass one day and I shall be able to sample some more Yorkshire delights  :D