• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Illusion, Perthidia

Alex

Does anyone know if Perthidia in Illusion connects with Dale barn? Thinking of heading there tommorow solo as no one else is caving and no one wants to do that crawl anyway. I dont want to do the very long crawl if it goes no where.

georgenorth

Perfidia(!) doesn't connect To Dale Barn. Somebody told me that it's flood prone so it may not be a good idea tomorrow.

I'll echo that. From what I remember, it is dangerously floodprone.

In other words, if you got caught in there by a rise in water levels, you would be unlikely to survive.

It comprises several hundred metres of crawling, much of it flat out. Along the way are several dome shapes chambers where you can stand up. These have clear tide-marks at chest height, so if you were lucky enough not to drown in the crawls then you would freeze to death standing in chest deep water.

Don't let this put you off, just choose a dry settled day for your trip. Enjoy.

It's a big prize if anyone gets the breakthrough.

Have there been any digging trips down there in the last ten years?

Has the end been radio-located?

Alex

Thanks for all the info, I did not go in there in the end, I did not even do my original plans and ended up somewhere nearby.

Appologies for posting in the wrong section btw, was rather sleep deprived sort of rush post.

Muddy Funkster

I don't mind a confined space or two, but reading that trip report did not really sell it too me. Sounds a bit too much like torture for tortures sake ;)