• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Your best trip of 2006, so far?....

cap n chris

So what's been your best trip of the year so far? When, where, why, with whom and anything else worthy of sharing.

cap n chris

Worthy contenders (but there's still plenty lined up for the rest of the year) for me have to be:

St. Cuthbert's Swallet,
Slaughter Stream Cave,
Manor Farm Swallet and.... my favourite
Swildon's Hole.

W

wallop

I have had a few good trips this year.
Have done the round trip in Swildon's about 5-6 times but the best trip was
the round trip in Swildon's then on to have a look at the Black hole Series on the way out,
Wet Sink, which was my first accent with srt which was very good, GB, witch included a look at Devil Elbow and then on to Bat Passage which was a really good trip, OFD, which to be honest has to be one of the best trips so far this year. The whole cave to me was awsome what with the Pitches, Streamway, Traverses, Formations and climbs altogether an awsome trip.

Jagman

Moel Ferna Slate Mine
Despite a chest infection :(
Awesome slate mine with a near horizontal vein and an intact suspended bridge in one of the chambers.
Long walk up there with a short SRT in and out.
Well worth the trip :LOL:

AndyF

Engine Vein

Alderly edge. Really cool, but easy trip. Impressive features and beautifil formations... Excellent day and thanks to DCC for guiding it.

T

The Badger

cap 'n chris said:
Don't let the Cheddar Caving Club get in the way of your trips.... I don't! :wink:

oh, in that case I've been....... :LOL:

A

andymorgan

St Cuthberts to September Series in January with Heb and Caslte. Ok it is my only trip of 2006, but it would probably still be one of the best. Great formations, some difficult crawling, the best cave on Mendip (even better with more water now the dam has broken), good company, and follwed by ham pasta in the Hunters!