• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

August Bank Holiday Monday

cap n chris

Proposed Club Trip: Swildon's Hole Round Trip.
Presently there's me and Steve P planning on doing this minor classic, probably in the afternoon or perhaps even starting late morning. It's not going to be a rush job but it would be nice to complete it in around 2hrs(ish). Given that it's on the Bank Hol Monday the watery features should have been baled by other cavers during the weekend so we're not expecting any delays at the Troubles etc..

If you think you'd like to join in with this trip contact me via PM/phone: Cheddar Caving Club members only please.

You must be able to fit through the narrow squeeze and be happy doving thrigh het sump oen. Oh, that's better.... you must be happy diving through the sump one. The troubles and the sump are quite intimidating if you've not been through them before but the visual rewards are arguably worth the effort (or not, depending on which side of the argument you're on).

(Piss) Artist's impression of sump 1: in reality it's a short poor-visibility duck under a scrubby low rock arch.

cap n chris

Nice sunny weather has led to a last minute change of plans; no underground silliness today after all. Cakes, ice cream and bicycling instead! Mmmm, yummy!