New BCA advert and request to sign up to newsletter

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Mod message: This is an old post and the email sign-ups for the newsletter are temporarily paused whilst the database is redesigned. We'll remove this message and republicise when it's ready! -Ari

wl

Many volunteers spend many hours helping to run BCA - please support them.

:coffee: One way is to sign up to the newsletter  :coffee:

Click the link and follow the instructions www.tinyurl.com/BCAemail  - thank you
;)

Jenny P

Yes, but it still has the old BCA logo.  It would be good if the advert could be re-vamped with the nice new logo.  (Sorry to be pernickety.)

aricooperdavis

At the moment the BCA newsletter is not being emailed out due to us being halfway through a change in membership database. When it's back up and running we'll ask P&I to produce a swanky new advert for it  :)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Jenny P said:
Yes, but it still has the old BCA logo.  It would be good if the advert could be re-vamped with the nice new logo.  (Sorry to be pernickety.)

This advert is over two years old and is from a time when Jane was the BCA P&I officer (and that was the logo back then).  There is a new P&I officer now and BCA has it's own moderator for this BCA board - (who is also the BCA IT convenor). He will be able to update the current advert or place a new one when he has volunteer time I guess. 

Jenny P - you should probably discuss this within the appropriate BCA groups as there are clearly wider problems than just updating the advert.  The moderator could take it down altogether or replace with a holding notice for example.

aricooperdavis

Badlad said:
... BCA has it's own moderator for this BCA board - (who is also the BCA IT convenor). He will be able to update the current advert or place a new one when he has volunteer time I guess. [...] The moderator could take it down altogether or replace with a holding notice for example.

I've unpinned the post and will add an explanatory message, but will keep the thread up for reference :)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Jenny P said:

No need to criticise my post - I've left, gone, vamoosed the BCA.

The nice new logo btw was designed via  CHECC competition organised by me when P&I but no longer up to me to update things. Good luck to those who are trying to modernise BCA.

JoshW

Pegasus said:
Jenny P said:

No need to criticise my post - I've left, gone, vamoosed the BCA.

The nice new logo btw was designed via  CHECC competition organised by me when P&I but no longer up to me to update things. Good luck to those who are trying to modernise BCA.

In fairness, I just think Jenny hadn't clocked that it was an old post  :confused:

Jenny P

I wasn't criticising anyone!  I simply noted that it was a good advert for BCA and it would be nice if it were updated with the new logo.

Not being a techie I hadn't appreciated that this would take some organising by Ari and Co. - my humble apologies to all concerned.