Wanted - Cave Safe on DVD

D

darkplaces

Has this been made yet?

Some of us wipper snappers born within the last 100years don't have VHS magnetic string on wheels contraptions so wondered if Cave Safe had been legally ported to DVD yet? I don't want to diminish the hard work people put into these  highly prised programs but I've never seen it :(

paul

I'm sure Andy Sparrow will answer - but yes it has. And it is much improved while on DVD as it is "bookmarked" so you can go straight to the section you are interested in.

Peter Burgess

c**tplaces said:
Has this been made yet?

Some of us wipper snappers born within the last 100years don't have VHS magnetic string on wheels contraptions so wondered if Cave Safe had been legally ported to DVD yet? I don't want to diminish the hard work people put into these  highly prised programs but I've never seen it :(

If you really wanted to, you could buy a simple VHS player from Tesco for less than the cost of the three tapes. But I don't suppose you want to, do you?

paul

And Ralph Johnson has a similar offering also on DVD. Try the usual sources such as Caving Supplies, Hitch and Hike or Bat Products.

D

darkplaces

Peter Burgess said:
c**tplaces said:
Has this been made yet?

If you really wanted to, you could buy a simple VHS player from Tesco for less than the cost of the three tapes. But I don't suppose you want to, do you?
No not really, not if I don't need to  :( I dont want to buy the tapes and the player and the DVD disks and copy them.

OOOO H'n'H has this.

SRT - Getting Started DVD (2006)
(Reference #INTRO-DVD02)
An introduction to SRT.

Produced by: IntroAct 2006
Format: DVD
Running Time: 48 minutes
Price:  £10.95 Including VAT at 17.5%
http://w01-0504.web.dircon.net/acatalog/caving_dvd_s.html

Bernies only shows Cave Safe on VHS still, no Training on DVD - I have Rock and a Hard Place, A ripping watch.
http://www.berniescafe.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_70&osCsid=61267753ad24bc72562310a6330cc12f

D

darkplaces

I'd be happy to distribute the DVDs if Andy Sparrow wants an outlet, I am sure a few c**tplaces members would buy them.

Andy Sparrow

c**tplaces said:
Has this been made yet?

The short answer is yes.  The new DVD is called 'Speleo Vertical'.  It combines Cave Safe 2 and 3.  Some old stuff has been cut out, some new stuff has been shot and included.  The total running time is 2 hours and the whole thing is comprehensively indexed.  I rushed out a 'beta' version for Hidden earth in September, had 100 duplicated and sold most of them.  One small problem subsequently came to light which was a bit of sound missing from one section but this has been corrected.  You may wonder why this very excellent product isn't on the shelf of your local caving shop and the answer is it would be if I hadn't moved house in November and got caught up in all that entails.  Anyway - the DVD is available and if you want a copy drop me an email or PM - I do it direct for £10 plus a couple of quid for postage.

D

darkplaces

Whoo Hooo HURAR for Andy!

What I will do is see if anyone on c**tplaces wants one and make a bulk order, if that's ok. 

Will contact soon.
Cheers.

http://www.c**tplaces.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5538

Hughie

Anne and I won our copy at Cheddar's quiz night a while back. It is indeed a good film Actually Anne features in it. I believe we came joint second in that quiz (along with Graham's team).
Has to be said that the main ACG team came second last (just to remind them - hehe)  ;)

Les W

Hughie said:
Anne and I won our copy at Cheddar's quiz night a while back. It is indeed a good film Actually Anne features in it. I believe we came joint second in that quiz (along with Graham's team).
Has to be said that the main ACG team came second last (just to remind them - hehe)  ;)

I can't remember who won though  ;) :beer: :beer:

Hughie

Les W said:
Hughie said:

We can't remember either but you must have copied our answers and got flukey on a couple others! ;) ;) (y)

Les W

Hughie said:
Les W said:
Hughie said:

We can't remember either but you must have copied our answers and got flukey on a couple others! ;) ;) (y)

Oh...  :eek:  was it us  ;)

Have you got a team in for the quiz at the Hunters in February?
It would be nice to have a bit of competition.
There is no point in winning if there isn't a team for second place. ;)

cap n chris

It's called "Marketing".

Justified, BTW, not just an opinion*.

* This is my opinion and I'm prepared to alter it at a moment's notice, on a whim, just like that (clicks fingers).  :ras:

menacer

Has a "Joanna goes caving" dvd been released yet.
That was the funniest bit of caving filming ive ever seen..........allegedly  :clap:

D

darkplaces

I reckon hes pretending or something!

Looks like I shall be requesting about 5 dvds Mr Sparrow warm up that burner  :clap:

Geoff R

Just posted an order from Wealdon Cave and Mine Society members for 8  copies.
Yes EIGHT copies ! ! 

and we dont even have any decent holes in Surrey  :cautious: :cautious: 

We just like to collect good DVD's    :LOL: :LOL:

www.wcms.org.uk